CODATA-RDA Schools of Research Data Science
Building core data science skills and introducing open tools and resources for researchers.
Who are we?
Group of dedicated Open Science and Open Data enthusiasts.
Grow a network of host institutions, instructors, assistants and helpers.
Increasing research capacity, as it relates to data in Low and Middle Income Countries.
What areas do we cover on the curriculum?
- Principles and practices of Open Science
- FAIR data and using data ethically
- An introduction to research data management and the research data lifecycle
- How to prepare a data management plan
- Introduction to persistent identifiers and licensing
- A grounding in how to compile bibliographies
- How to find data more efficiently
- How to publish data Software and data carpentry
- How to use Github
- Introduction to theory and practice of visualization
- Introduction to machine learning
- Grounding in use of computational research infrastructures
Previous School's Testimonies
Thank you to all the organizers, lecturers and helpers @DataSciSchools. This has been a life changing experience. I cannot wait to share the knowledge with other emerging young scientists. Let’s do this!
Kalonji A Tshisekedi (Student)
Among the many things that #dataSanJose19 left me is inspiration to learn/practice more and not stopping until you achieve your goals.